Total skin rejuvenation for the face, hands or body with minimal downtime
Think you don’t have time to get smoother, younger-looking skin? Think again—Fractora® is a new skincare treatment at PSCHR that combines the “best of the best” in skin resurfacing technologies. In as little as one 30-minute treatment, we can help you dramatically reduce skin imperfections, restore a smoother, more youthful skin texture, and even tighten sagging skin!
What is Fractora?
Fractora is a revolutionary new skin remodeling treatment that incorporates the best features of laser and radiofrequency technology for precise, dramatic improvements in skin texture, firmness, and appearance in a safe-for-all-skin types option that requires little to no downtime. Our experienced aestheticians at PSCHR can use Fractora to treat a variety of common skin concerns, including:
- Fine lines and wrinkles
- Sagging skin on the face, jowls or neck
- Cystic acne and acne scars, including “ice pick” scars
- Pigmentation irregularities
- Lax or wrinkled skin on the hands, tummy or other areas
How does Fractora work?
Fractora uses radiofrequency (RF) energy to heat skin to the optimal temperature to trigger the natural healing response. Your skin builds new collagen and elastin as a result. Many treatments use RF, but Fractora is unique: it delivers the energy to a precise depth via a grid of special pins, which effectively removes a fraction of the outermost, damaged layers of skin while leaving most of the skin intact. This “fractionated ablation” process dramatically speeds skin renewal to help you see results more quickly after treatment compared to other RF treatments while keeping downtime to a minimum.
Benefits of Fractora for skin resurfacing
- It’s highly customizable to effectively target your top concerns. With a simple switch of the tip, we can customize your Fractora treatment to address surface-level concerns such as fine lines, to more extensive issues that originate deeper in the skin, such as acne scars, skin laxity, and pigmentation problems.
- You’ll see quick improvements that only get better over time. The ablative elements of Fractora leave the skin’s surface looking better almost immediately after your first treatment. The long-term benefits of collagen remodeling help your skin grow firmer, stronger, and smoother during the weeks after.
- It’s safe for darker and lighter skin tones. Most lasers involve high levels of concentrated heat, which can lead to discoloration called post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation in darker skin tones. We don’t see this complication with radiofrequency treatments.
- Fractora can safely rejuvenate the face, neck, hands or body. Fractora can be an excellent non-surgical alternative for patients bothered by moderate skin sagging on the neck, belly, or other areas. If you’re bothered by acne or acne scars on your chest, back or face, Fractora can help you get smoother, clearer skin in just a few weeks.
How many Fractora treatments will I need?
This depends on the nature and severity of your concerns as well as your personal goals. Most of our patients experience substantial improvements after their first Fractora treatment, and some are satisfied with a “one and done” approach for each area. The majority of patients choose to have 2 to 3 treatments to achieve the greatest and longest-lasting benefits.
What does Fractora feel like? Does it hurt?
One key benefit of RF treatments is that they are usually much less painful than lasers. Fractora is no exception. Although the pins reach beneath the skin’s surface, they do not go very deep, and most patients find treatment virtually painless with a pre-treatment topical numbing agent.
How much does Fractora cost in Hampton Roads?
The exact price of your Fractora treatment will depend on the areas you are having treated, the severity of your concerns, and how many sessions you choose to have. On average, Fractora costs range in the ballpark of $1,000 to $2,500.
How can I schedule a Fractora treatment?
Call our office at 757-873-3500 or contact us online anytime! Cosmetic consultations at PSCHR are the perfect way to learn from an experienced professional whether Fractora or another treatment is right for you.