Your nose takes the central position on your face and, as such, can greatly impact the appearance of your other features and create facial balance. If you’ve ever looked in the mirror and wished your nose was a little straighter, had a different shape, or was a different size, there are options. Rhinoplasty is a nose reshaping procedure than can help improve defects and flaws of the nose, in addition to correcting breathing problems due to nasal deformity, helping men achieve a stronger, more attractive nose and profile.
Am I a Candidate for Rhinoplasty?
If you feel the size or shape of your nose is detracting from your other features, you may be a candidate for rhinoplasty. Whether you’ve always been unhappy with your nose, you’ve suffered an injury, or a deformity is affecting you physically, nose reshaping can produce a more attractive and proportionate nasal shape and improve nasal function.
Rhinoplasty may be a great option for you if:
- You’d like to correct size, shape, or deformities caused by injury
- Your nose does not “fit” with your other facial features
- You would like to adjust the size or shape of your nostrils, bridge, or tip of the nose
- You are in general good health
- You are a nonsmoker or willing to stop in the weeks before and after surgery
What to Expect from Nose Surgery
Your nose reshaping procedure will be performed on an outpatient basis under general anesthesia or local anesthesia with IV sedation. We provide several types of rhinoplasty and our board certified surgeons will help you determine which option will best meet your needs during your personalized consultation.
- Standard Rhinoplasty involves the placement of incisions just inside the nostrils, through which your surgeon will reshape the nasal bones, cartilage, and soft tissue to improve the external contour.
- Open Rhinoplasty is often used for difficult or larger noses. One external incision is placed across the strut between the nostrils (columella), through which bones, cartilage, and tissues are adjusted.
- Tip Plasty is a method used for improving the nasal tip alone. The shape, angle, and size of your nasal tip can be corrected through either an open or closed rhinoplasty approach, depending on your natural anatomy and desired results.
After the desired results have been achieved, your surgeon will suture and dress your incisions. You will be required to wear a special splint on your nose during the initial healing period, typically one to two weeks. You will experience some swelling and bruising, but this should resolve within about a month. Certain areas of your nose may remain slightly swollen for up to 6 months, but you should still be happy with your results and note a marked improvement in the appearance of your nose.
To find out how you can join the thousands of men who have benefited from rhinoplasty, contact us today to schedule your consultation!