Hampton Roads Breast Lift
Age, genetics, weight loss, and pregnancy are just a few things that may affect your breasts. Whether your breasts have always been a bit droopier than you’d like or you’ve noticed increased sagging and want to restore a youthful appearance, a breast lift in Hampton Roads can help.
The breast lift procedure, also known as mastopexy, is designed to improve loss of elasticity and sagging of the breast tissue. Patients considering mastopexy that have a significant loss of breast shape and volume will often have an augmentation performed with their breast lift.
Hampton Roads, VA; Williamsburg, VA; Newport News, VA, and other local area patients have had their lives and self-confidence boosted with this cutting-edge treatment from our board certified plastic surgeons and talented team.
Am I a Candidate for a Breast Lift?
You may be a candidate for this procedure if you have sagging breasts due to past pregnancies, weight loss, or aging. Some of the more common reasons women choose breast lift surgery are:
- Improve breast shape and contour after weight loss
- Recover lift and shape after pregnancy-related size fluctuations
- Restore perkiness to aging breasts
A breast lift may also be helpful if your nipple areolar complexes (pigmented areas around nipples) are enlarged.
The procedure is intended to give the patient an elevated, more youthful breast contour, as well as nipple areolar complexes of the desired size and at the correct height.
If you would also like to add volume to your breasts, you may benefit from combining a breast lift with breast augmentation. The placement of breast implants in conjunction with mastopexy can improve size, shape, and profile.
What to Expect from Breast Lift Surgery
Your breast lift will be performed on an outpatient basis under sedation and local or general anesthesia, and you will be able to return home the same day with a designated driver.
The design of the incisions can vary, but usually include incisions around the nipple areolar complex and in the crease under the breast. The nipple areolar complex is repositioned higher, the excess skin is removed, and the breast is reshaped to a pleasing contour and lifted to a more youthful position.
Types of Breast Lift Incisions
Depending on the severity of the sagging and amount of excess skin to remove, your surgeon may recommend one of the following types of breast lifts:
- Crescent Lift. This option is best for correcting minimal sagging. We will make an incision running halfway along the top of the edge of the areola, which results in a minimally visible scar.
- Peri-Areolar Lift. Also known as a “donut lift,” this type of breast lift is ideal for patients who have mild sagging but still require some lifting. The incision will be placed circularly around the entire edge of the areola.
- Vertical Lift. The vertical, or “lollipop,” lift can correct moderate sagging with more extensive reshaping. The incisions for this lift are placed both around the edge of the areola and running vertically from the lower edge of the areola to the natural breast fold (inframmamory).
- Anchor Lift. Also referred to as the “inverted T” lift, the anchor lift is the most dramatic lift technique and is best-suited for women who require extensive reshaping to correct considerable sagging. Three incisions are required: one circling the edge of the areola, one running from the bottom of the areola to the breast crease, and a final along the inframammary fold.
After your procedure, we will place light dressings over the incision lines. Sutures are usually completely removed within 7 to 10 days. Initial discomfort is easily controlled with oral medication and light activities may be started in 7 to 10 days.
Breast Lift Cost in Hampton Roads
This procedure is considered cosmetic and therefore is not covered by insurance. The patient is responsible for payment. Our patient counselors can help you with your financial arrangements, including financing.
The specific risks and the suitability of this procedure for a given individual can be determined only at the time of consultation. All surgical procedures have some degree of risk. Minor complications that do not affect the outcome occur occasionally. Major complications are rare with a breast lift. Hampton Roads has countless patients who have gained new self-confidence and vitality from this procedure, so don’t wait another day to come in for a consultation with our top-notch team of cosmetic surgery professionals.