Are you interested in smoothing your skin and reversing the formation of dynamic wrinkles? Are you looking to avoid invasive plastic surgery? Botox might be right for you! At Plastic Surgery Center of Hampton Roads, our doctors reveal the many reasons why patients choose cosmetic injectables such as Botox versus facelifts.
Fighting wrinkles and folds with Botox injections
There are many reasons why a patient might choose to move forward with Botox:
- Botox is safe. Botox has been used for decades in many areas of medicine, and continues to be one of the safest ways for patients to address dynamic wrinkles of the face that have caused wrinkles and folds to appear.
- Botox is affordable. When compared with plastic surgery, Botox is extremely affordable and can provide patients with similar results without going “under the knife.”
- Botox is long-lasting. Though a surgical facelift provides years of improvement, Botox can offer anywhere from 6-9 months of results with a simple injection appointment. Patients often book two appointments a year to maintain their results.
- Botox is nonsurgical. Many patients are hesitant to undergo surgery if there is a more conservative option available. Botox is a great way for patients with mild to moderate fine lines and wrinkles to achieve amazing results without making incisions in the skin.
- Botox has no downtime. Surgery requires most patients to take days, sometimes weeks, off of work and social activities, which can be difficult in these tight economic times. Instead, patients who have injections of Botox done are able to return to their day with no interruption.
- Botox has minimal side effects. Most of the side effects associated with Botox, including redness, bruising, and itching at the injection site, are often short-term and resolve on their own within a day or two. This allows patients to maintain their lifestyle without having to schedule for recovery.
Interested in Botox injections?
Contact Drs. Vonu, Blanchard, Zwicklbauer and Lofgren of Plastic Surgery Center of Hampton Roads to discuss the benefits of Botox injections for turning back time. Our phone number is (757) 873-3500 and can be used to schedule an appointment at any of our convenient locations throughout Virginia.