5 Ways to Treat Yourself with Your Tax Refund
It’s that time of year! Most of us have filed our tax returns (or will be soon) and are anxiously waiting for a tax refund to arrive. While it may be earmarked for credit card payments or home repairs, it’s important to treat yourself every once in awhile—you work hard for that money.
To inspire you to treat yourself well, we’ve put together a list of things you can do right around Hampton Roads for inspiration. Enjoy!
1. Splurge on a night out with your sweetie
When was the last time you wore that LBD? Dress to the nines and hit the town for fancy cocktails and a five-star meal at one of our area’s swankiest spots, such as Eat in Virginia Beach or The Fat Canary in Williamsburg. Or, just visit your favorite local dive and, for once, ignore the menu prices and say yes to dessert. You’ll feel like a million bucks and get to spend quality time with the one you love.
2. Hit the road for a weekend getaway
You don’t need to go far from home; a simple change of scenery can do wonders to recharge your spirit. Living in coastal Virginia, we’re lucky—we can get to the big city or the Blue Ridge Mountains in just a few hours’ drive. Check out these great Virginia road trip ideas for possible itineraries.
3. Go to a concert
Tickets to headliners like Jimmy Buffett, Ben Folds, Brad Paisley or 50 Cent can be pricey, but seeing a legend in concert is an experience you won’t likely forget—you’ll be getting a joyful experience and lasting memories in trade for your tax return. Check out Eventful for nearby shows and to find tickets.
4. Give your skin some well-deserved TLC
Investing your tax refund in safe, effective skin treatments can have a big payoff, helping you feel more confident year round. There’s a plethora of affordable nonsurgical treatments to help you refresh your look, and you’ll find them right here at PSCHR. A few ideas:
- Refresh your complexion with skin resurfacing. If you’re bothered by fine lines, brown splotches or crepey skin, a professionally administered chemical peel, IPL, or laser skin resurfacing treatment can dramatically improve these and other signs of aging.
- Try a temporary face “lift” with fillers. Facial volume loss can lead to wrinkles and a haggard look. Dermal fillers can restore volume to the cheeks, lips, and other areas to smooth creases and erase a few years from your appearance for up to 1 year or longer.
- Upgrade your skincare products to medical-grade. The up-front cost may be slightly higher, but medical grade skin care products work better and faster, with clinically-proven ingredients in greater concentrations that are only allowed to be sold by MDs.
5. Invest in a look you’ll love for many years to come
If you’ve been considering cosmetic surgery to make lasting changes, now may be the perfect time to go for it and enjoy the confidence boost of loving your look for the long haul. In the hands of a skilled plastic surgeon, many popular procedures, such as breast augmentation, facelift, or a tummy tuck can achieve results that last for years or even decades.
If your refund doesn’t cover the entire cost of the procedure you want, consider using it to make a down payment, and taking advantage of a convenient financing plan to cover the rest. While it’s usually fine to finance 100% of a procedure, making a down payment can substantially lower monthly payments and help you pay off your procedure that much more quickly.
Ready to treat yourself to a new or improved look? We’re ready to help.
However you decide to treat yourself this tax season, we want you to feel great about how you’re spending your refund. If improving your appearance is on your list, our board certified plastic surgeons and skin care specialists at Plastic Surgery Center of Hampton Roads can help you determine the best treatment options for your needs during a consultation. Call or contact us online today to schedule your appointment—we look forward to seeing you!